Volvo EX30 Roadshow UK

All Volvo EX30 related discussions
Deleted User 105

Post by Deleted User 105 »

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. I have a 10am booking at Birmingham on Sunday.
I was aware that others will be viewing at the same time, Rigbys contacted me to see if I was going to order. When I said that I had ordered on the 1st July directly, he tried to get me to cancel the slot so he could allocate to an existing customer. I refused and I told him I was driving 2 hours to see it, he backed down and said a Volvo employee would deal with me rather than one of their staff.

Golf size or slightly smaller not a problem as I want downsize from the EV6, but be interested to see how small it actually is inside. If Im not impressed will then consider other options.

Bradders

Post by Bradders »

WhiteEX30 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:32 pm Thanks for the update, much appreciated. I have a 10am booking at Birmingham on Sunday.
I'm there at 11am. If I see a WhiteEX30 I'll know it's you :D
Deleted User 105

You will be able to recognise me, I will be wearing a bowler hat, white rose in my lapel and a copy of the times under my arm…………..
Petesex30

Post by Petesex30 »

Attended the paul rigby today 9th September
Can’t fault the event in anyway
Staff amazing and apologetic to me as they cancelled my viewing for Sunday the 10th as it was more aimed at new customers without cars already ordered
(Had no clue)
But was No problem as I was in the car within 5 mins after I’d taken 100 photos
Going back tomorrow as I was pleasantly surprised the car was not as small as I thought it would be
And my daughter wants to have a nosey
First impressions were good ,minimalistic as expected inside
Boot seemed ok to be fair for a small suv I have an Audi a7 with huge boot and a citroen c3 with a tiny boot so makes no difference to me
Leg room at the rear I can see being an issue in the rear for taller larger people, but for me being 5’4 and a short arse isn’t an issue back or front
Was ready to cancel on the car looking too small, but really doesn’t and that was more important than it’s size inside for a rear seat passenger or a large boot

IMG_7934.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

Petesex30

Post by Petesex30 »

More pics

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_7937.jpeg

IMG_7925.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7930.jpeg

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7955.jpeg

Deleted User 105

Thanks for the update and pics.
I was in two minds as to go tomorrow after having a drive in an MG4 Xpower this morning. Wow blistering pace, which gives a good idea of what the EX30 performance will feel like. However I will still be going, in order to compare interior quality etc. One thing against the MG4 was the slightly unsettled ride due to having stiffer suspension than standard car, which I was expecting. Interior though is a step up on the standard car.
I would suggest to anyone buying or considering the twin motor EX30, to test drive the MG just to get an understanding of how quick it will be 🤪
Petesex30

Post by Petesex30 »

Best I shall have a look into 1
Although I still prefer the looks of the 30
The woman who lives opposite has the mg4
So I see it daily but does nothing for me
I need to get over the looks and have a go
Deleted User 105

I don't mind the looks, but each to his own. It certainly had blistering pace, I have had quick cars in the past but not as quick as that. Can imagine the EX30 performance to be the same as only slightly quicker than the MG.
Deleted User 105

Well had a good look at it today and I was not overly impressed. I didnt feel it was a nice place to sit in, now this is my opinion and it will be perfectly suitable for a lot of people but not me. Didn't look and feel like a premium product interior wise and certainly doesn't justify the high pcp and lease figures. A few others who viewed were of the same opinion but others liked it, it is really a matter of personal choice.
So I will, be cancelling my order.

Good luck everyone and take care.
Petesex30

Post by Petesex30 »

Mg4 I’m guessing for you then sir